Call for comments - RPM upgrade

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Nov 11 23:59:20 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 02:50 pm, Ingo T. Storm wrote:
> Again, I can only speak for RH7.2/7.3: I would leave up2date and the applet
> alone and advocate current (current.tigris.org) to the FedoryLegacy users.
> It's easy to set up, quite lightweight. A current server run by
> FedoraLegacy would be possible, but might need a lot bandwifth and cpu.

Up2date with current on the server works well, at least for Aurora.  An RPM
with a script to set up the current server in place of the Red Hat Network
server could be distributed (one is for Aurora's current set up -- the user
runs 'aurora-current-config' and up2date Just Works (TM) with the current
server at anthonymendoza.com).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology