rpm updates and longevity

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Thu Nov 13 07:18:53 UTC 2003

> Hi all, I have a couple of questions I hope you--the collective :-)--can
> answer.  First, does anyone know how long fedora-legacy will release rpm
> updates for bugfixes/vulnerabilities after the release of a version?

As long as there are people who have a vested interested in putting the
time into releasing them. There is no official timeframe.

> Will it be like RedHat used to be a long time ago where they support the
> release for a couple of years or will it be what it is now where once a
> new version comes out all updates cease for previous versions?

Updates will be released as long as someone somewhere wants to put the
time into getting them out the door. To that end, we're getting a server
up and hosted towards the end of the year that will host the build
environment and probably some fanout logic for the various mirrors ('er
what mirrors??? )...

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

 "M stands for magic, mystery or matrix; according to taste."
				--Edward Witten