RFD: Alternative Release Support

Arthur G Cannon cannon2 at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 26 19:09:34 UTC 2003

Every other version sounds like a good idea to me.  Conentrate the man
power.  Just be sure to indicate what versions will be the supported ones.
As long as the life of the version is at least a year and a half .edu's
might be alright.

kind regards...

Gerard Cannon
Cannon2 at US.IBM.com
(817)962-6833

                      "Rob J. Caskey"
                      <rcaskey at uga.edu>               To:       fedora-legacy-list at redhat.com
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      fedora-legacy-list-admin        Subject:  RFD: Alternative Release Support
                      @redhat.com

                      11/26/2003 12:46 PM
                      Please respond to
                      fedora-legacy-list

I think that even with the stated goals of Legacy, it is not likely to
achieve a sufficiently long EOL for a lot of .edu and the like. Might we
possibly discuss the virtues and drawbacks of supporting every other
release? Doing so might help concentrate limited legacy people resources
and eventually allow for longer EOLs. It seems to me having a
legacy-supported release every year is still timely enough for the vast
majority of people and might provide a better target for 3rd party
backports of server software.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Rob J. Caskey