RFD: Alternative Release Support

Peter Surda shurdeek at routehat.org
Thu Nov 27 13:44:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:38:12PM -0700, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> pluses: allows for many releases to have support for a long time
> minuses: every release supported will require more engineering support and
> time into doing it. The number of current coding volunteers is small.
I volunteer and know 2 other guys who could help (we were actually planning of
doing something like this before we realized fedora legacy was there). Each of
us need this for maintaining numerous decentralized deployments of Red Hat
Linux, where frequent upgrades or migrations are out of question (noone would
pay for them), and all of us have practical experience building own rpm
packages, and have our own machines to test it.

I wouldn't worry about developer availability, but as one of the previous
posters mentioned, about RH not being happy with this competing with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux.

Where do I apply, is some formal application necessary?

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek at routehat.org>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
                   It's not a bug, it's tradition!