[Fedora-legacy-list] A helping hand in Seattle

Jarod C.Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 7 09:02:15 UTC 2003

Just wanted to throw it out there that I'm ready and willing to help
out with whatever I can. I've been aiding Axel Thimm a bit here and
there with his ATrpms repository in my spare time (mostly revolving
around MythTV packages, its dependencies and associated capture card
drivers, but also his very nice XFS/v4l2-patched kernels ;), plus I've
done a bit of my own patching and packaging (lots of YDL lately,
actually)...

Anyhow, I definitely have an interest in maintaining support for
RH7.3/9, since this is the core of what my current clientele uses, most
of whom either cannot or will not shell out the clams (double-double
semi-intended) for RHEL, and can't/won't keep up with Fedora.

I'm also a Seattle-area guy, meaning in-person collaboration w/Jesse
would be a possibility, if it would be helpful for any reason. Speaking
of which, Jesse, do you attend many of either the Seattle Linux or UNIX
user group meetings? I've found the Linux group meetings fairly...
unprofessional... But the UNIX meetings are always nice and
professional (lots of RH folks there too, many likely with the same
concerns Fedora Legacy aims to address). The meeting places and times
for the two sum it up: North Seattle Community College on Saturday
afternoons versus Myrio Corporation on Tuesday nights, respectively.
But I digress. I'll be at the next meeting of both, and I'll plug the
Fedora Legacy project (unless you're there; I imagine you'd do a better
job :). Perhaps some of them could also lend a hand.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...