[Fedora-legacy-list] kde-redhat 7.3 fedora-legacy-like repository

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Thu Oct 9 22:48:27 UTC 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 15:33, Bob Tanner wrote:
> How do we get involved in this project?
>
> I'm currently very active in maintaining redhat 7.3 packages for the
> kde-redhat project (http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/), recently we
> started a fedora repository because of the lack of interest from
> fedora core(?) on maintaining redhat 7.3 packages.
>
> I believe the goals are the similar, do we have a common ground for
> some sort of joint venture?

Sounds like our projects are similar, although Legacy isn't focusing on
desktop stuff at the moment.  We're more concerned with a subset of the
server package group, and other core things like the kernel and glibc.

In fact, now would be a good time to start discussion on what parts of
the package set we'll try to maintain backports on.  Would somebody be
so kind as to dump the relevant parts of comps.xml to a webpage, or
just a breakdown of packages by group so that we could look over them
and debate if you will what we'll be willing to backport?

By taking part of the communication here on the list, you're taking part
in the project.  Until we have the server (in the works) and bandwith
(almost in the works) and an actual build system (waiting for Fedora
Core/Extras to complete theirs) we can't really do much real work,
other than hash out a lot of stuff prior to having the infrastructure.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: