Initial Scope Determination (was Re: [Fedora-legacy-list] kde-redhat 7.3 fedora-legacy-likerepository)

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Oct 14 19:10:45 UTC 2003

> > To facilitate this, I had thought of using a WIKI system so that when
> > errata is needed for a certian package, we could put the package name
> > on the wiki, announce to the -legacy list, and the person that wants
> > to do the backport could add their name next to the package on the
> > wiki, and then process the backport.  Whadda ya think?
>
> I think a Bugzilla report would be far more effective, similar to how
> fedora.us currently requests packages.  Why?  Bugzilla posts are
> permanent while the Wiki can be edited far too much.  You need to check
> too often if what you are reading in the Wiki is true or not.

Further, IIRC, bugzilla posts can be monitored by those who have an
interest in a given ticket. It's also a lot more organized than a Wiki.

Truth be told, I don't see a lot of value in a Wiki.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.