Rsync of download.fedoralegacy.org

Chris Spencer cspencer at cait.org
Mon Apr 5 19:15:52 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 13:36, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I appreciate your concern and offer, however I had always wanted Fedora
> Legacy to be a free (as in speech/beer) and open project.  I do not
> want to set up a subscription service, there are other companies that
> are doing that.  I wanted to provide a service free of charge, but
> community supported.

I was not suggesting required payment.  Suggested donation and by
suggested I don't mean anything more than a note saying it would be nice
if you could afford it.

> I do appreciate the offer though, and next time the project has a need
> for something, I'll ask the list again.  But I do not want any
> user/member of Fedora Legacy to feel obligated to donate any mount of
> money/hardware.

Some people would rather contribute financially.  Such donations could
be used as an emergency fund in case hardware fails and needs
replacement, to put out bounties on things that desperately need to get
done, to bring together the group of people needed to manage the
project, etc.

Things that would make the project better for all.

Heck, just collect it into a bank account or give it to one of the other
Fedora projects.

Using money is never a problem.

-Chris

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly
unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of
change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of
the darkness." - Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas