turning Fedora Legacy into non-profit org [was: Rsync of download.fedoralegacy.org]

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Tue Apr 6 19:11:38 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote:

> Would you be interested in looking into what it would take to turn
> Fedora Legacy into a non-profit org?  Although, I'm not even sure RH
> will allow for this, since they do still "own" the Fedora Legacy
> namespace, the're just letting us run with it.

Well, tell them tah with turning Fedora Legacy into a non-profit
organization, they'll still own the name, *and* they can deduct it from
taxes as a "donation" to a non-profit organization. So they could only

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 9 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/