Legacy going to move...?

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Wed Apr 7 21:39:26 UTC 2004

At 02:24 PM 4/7/2004, Lucas Albers wrote:
>Does this mean we are going to lose support for rh7.3x?
>Based on what I read below.
>
> >> Yes, I was under the impression that: While Core 1 is being supported
> >> by RH, the Legacy project keeps 7.x, 8, and 9 in support. When Core 2
> >> is out, we moved to 8,9,Core 1. Core 3 brings us 9, Core 1, Core 2.
> >> And so on...

No.  That was the poster's question, not a statement of policy.

Someone has updated the FAQ recently, clarifying the issue:
http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php states that "For supported Red
Hat Linux releases, we will continue to issue back-port security or
critical fixes for as long as there is community interest, but for at least
another 1.5 years from their official Red Hat End of Life."

The 1-2-3-out policy is for Fedora Core releases, not Red Hat releases.

Kelson Vibber