fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 14

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Thu Apr 15 18:07:10 UTC 2004

On 15.04.04 18:00, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> I still don't understand exactly what you had to change.  But maybe it

To make a long story short, I had to use "mv kernel.blahblah.legacy.blah
kernel.blahblah.blah" and modify accordingly lilo.conf to reflect the new
filenames.  It wasnt' just the problem of the over-long labels (which were
already "linux" and "linux.bak" :p. Maybe something of this is still in
the logs. Tomorrow I'll look into them.

> is too late to track it all back at this point in time.

Well, if there's something useful in the logs, I'll try FLP's bugzilla
thing. What matters to me now is that the server didn't receive any
permanent damage :)

> No, it is quite alright.  Please don't hesitate to post questions.
> You're apt to learn from them, as are others on the list.

"apt"... as in apt versus yum? :-D

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |