GIMP 2 RPM for RedHat?

David Thompson thomas at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 16 19:27:12 UTC 2004

Kelson Vibber wrote:

>Not for another two weeks, although it *is* time to get the infrastructure
>in place.  But even if it were, this is still technically
>off-topic.  Fedora Legacy is about providing bug fixes and security fixes
>for EOL'ed Red Hat products.  Providing newer software isn't its goal.
>
>On the other hand, the people building the updates have experience in
>adjusting packages intended for one system to work on an older one, so the
>expertise is here.

While I think that there will be value for some going down "upgrade to the newest version" path, I think it would be better to create a separate path "enhancements" for such things, while keeping a "main" path of "drop-in" fixes to existing versions.  If the expertise is present to do both with little overhead, so much the better.

Dave Thompson  <thomas at cs.wisc.edu>

Associate Researcher                    Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-Madison         http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~thomas
1210 West Dayton Street                 Phone:    (608)-262-1017
Madison, WI 53706-1685                  Fax:      (608)-262-6626