SF post - Linux kernel file offset pointer races

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 4 19:44:51 UTC 2004

There are updates out already for RHEL2.1 and 3.  Their security
advisory added:

"These packages contain a patch written by Al Viro to correct these
flaws.
Red Hat would like to thank iSEC Security Research for disclosing this
issue and a number of vendor-sec participants for reviewing and working
on the patch to this issue."

-Ed