Updated FC1 boot CD (was: Fedora Legacy 9.0 direct install -- how?)

Jon Peatfield J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 20:42:37 UTC 2004

In RH7/8/9 (I've not checked FC1 but I'd presume it is similar), the install
kernel needs to match the 2ndstage image on the install media so you can't
simply drop a new kernel (to support new hardware) in.  For kickstart installs
the set of steps needed is not the full set to make CD ISOs since you can
skip several steps.  I've had to do this a couple of times to support newer
versions of the intel e1000 cards included on some (intel) mboards.

Somewhere I have notes but it was basically steps taken from the howto on
making new RH CDs (so anyone can re-constuct it easily enough).

I'm sure that either the steps are much the same for FC1 (it was very nearly
RH10 after all), or someone has documented the differences...  :-)

 -- Jon