USB ignored after upgrade to kernel 2.6.6.1

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Fri Aug 20 04:53:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 02:57, JdK wrote:
> Running FC2 I upgraded my system with yum that replaced the kernel 2.6.5
> with 2.6.6.1.
> >From that time usb devices (printer, memory stick) no longer work. In
> order to use these, i must boot with the old kernel.
> At boot, the new kernel displays a message saying that my printer has
> been deleted. After that if I try using a usb-key, I get the message
> "/dev/sda1 is not a valid block device". At no time, the usb key seems
> to be active (red lights never lit).
> etc/fstab looks like /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
> What's wrong. Thanks for help.

I don't know if this will help but I had/have the same problem with FC@
and the 2.6 kernels and so have a heap of other people. The fix that
works for me is to 'sudo /sbin/rmmod ehci_hcd' BEFORE plugging in ANY
USB devices (or before powering on any powered USB devices)

HTH.

> --
Kind regards, Graeme Nichols.