Unofficial RH-Distribution-FAQ -- Section 3 changes, more content

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Aug 22 03:47:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 13:16, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> B.  A listing of inter-release "binary" compatibility
> http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html
> Just some things I'm trying to document that I can point to in order to
> "reduce the confusion" -- especially for people who trusted the "old Red
> Hat Linux" model.

Okay, with a few suggestions, I've changed the table layout in Section
3:
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html#ss3.1
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html#ss3.2

I've also filled a _lot_ on the release-by-release specifics of
LibC/GLibC, GCC and the Linux kernel (3.3).  I would really like someone
to check my technical accuracy on this information:
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html#ss3.3

There is also a section (3.4) on UNIX, C, etc... to explain C libraries,
etc... to semi-technical people that may not be familar.  Help in making
that more "layman" is _always_ appreciated.  I tried to do it in 6
paragraphs (and deleted/rewrote a _lot_):
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html#ss3.4

--
Compatibility matrix of Red Hat(R) distributions of Linux(R):
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith at ieee.org