how to improve the efficiency [Re: Round-up, 2004-11-28]

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 3 18:34:20 UTC 2004

Quoting Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi>:

> At least http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/security.php does not
> describe this at all.

Updated the page slightly as concerns verifying packages.

> >>     2. Verify the integrity of the downloaded package (see
> >> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/security.php).

Updated link wording slightly.

> >> There should also be more documentation at least on following:
> >>   1) documenting new vulnerabilities (I think Jesse has mostly been
> >> doing this) -- in bugzilla?

I've added a link to the "Participate" page to a new wiki page about
Vulnerability Tracking.  It isn't much, but it is a start.

> What kind of information do you need to put in the report?  How do you
> articulate the subject, what other special keywords you put there,
> etc.?

Hmm.  I don't have much of a clue.  Most of what I know is there in the
wiki.  If someone more familiar with Bugzilla can add info about how
to create a Bugzilla bug "correctly" as concerns the bugzilla structure,
keywords, states, etc. then please help out and add details.

Also, I've started a list of mailing lists and web sites there, but I'm sure
others have additional sites they can add.

Also, I've added a link to the wiki on the top header line, so it is now
easier to get to the wiki from the web site.  I think that is useful, but
feedback is appreciated.

--
Eric Rostetter