http listing options

james-cambs-uk (Bigfoot) james-cambs-uk at bigfoot.com
Thu Feb 12 10:57:09 UTC 2004

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:47:12 -0600  Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Just an FYI, there have neen numerous updates to the web site lately,
> so if you haven't checked it out for a while you might want to do so now.
>
> Extra thanks to Jonas Pasche for his work on the Participation, FAQ, and
> Documentation pages (keep it coming Jonas!).
>
> Comments, suggestions, and content always welcome (sent to me or the mailing
> list).

For newbies that want all the latest legacy packages at the top of a file
list from http access - could you possibly supply an entry page that has the
list ordering options as links themselves?

Offlist I had made some suggestions about the web presentation of the update
packages; my usual procedure for RedHat updates is to use ftp and ls -alqFt
to see the updates in cronological order. Much more useful

There have been complaints about the incorporation of the "non legacy"
updates into one file area, but my discovery today makes the loss of direct
anon ftp access not so painful, and those "needle in a haystack" complaints
redundant.

Now that I have discovered the cronological listing option from http: access
I am one happy bunny. Thanks folks! ( Clicking on the column header ).

( Curiousity here - what cgi coding did you do to achieve this? I was
expecting to see/need -D / D- to achieve reverse listing order when clicking
twice on the heading link in an attempt to "toggle" ordering )

To get things in date order ( say, for RedHat 7.2 legacy ), I have bookmarked
in my browser(s):

http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/7.2/updates/SRPMS/?M=D
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/7.2/updates/i386/?M=D

A simple thing to add a bunch of these into top entry pages on the site, in
groups of supported DeadRat legacy version numbers...

   -- James