web site ammendments for yum

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Tue Feb 3 17:25:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/download/ doesn't appear to contain clear
instructions for how to use yum with fedora-legacy.  I was thinking the
following changes would be helpful

a) A link to the current recommend versions of yum for each redhat release.
That seems to be
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1.rh90.noarch.rpm
and
http://download.fedora.us/patches/redhat/8.0/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1.rh80.noarch.rpm

on http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraHOWTO

There is also a howto for yum and redhat 7.x at
http://www.fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh7x.php that really ought to be
linked to.

b) The sentence "After installing apt or yum, please see the mirror list
<http://www.fedoralegacy.org/download/mirrors.php> and choose the
closest and fastest mirror for your location." has a link to a page that
does not mention yum at all. It is not clear to a non-expert what to do
in this situation.

I wonder if there is some overlap between pages that is causing the
confusion. All the info needed to get a package management app working
ought to be on one page IMHO.

Cheers,
Raphael