Regarding QA

Jonas Pasche mail at jonaspasche.de
Thu Feb 5 22:55:17 UTC 2004

Hi again,

I dived through the list archives to find self-introductions of people
who explicitly said they were willing to do QA, which brought up quite a
couple of people, and I shamelessly ripped out a small quote for anybody
I've found:

2003-12-30
Jason Rohwedder <rohwedde at codegrinder.com>
"could potentially do some QA for the project if necessary"

2004-01-05
Charles R. Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU>
"Do you want to do QA? - Yes."

2004-01-06
Christian Pearce <pearcec at commnav.com>
"Do you want to do QA? - Yes"

2004-01-15
Todd Zullinger <Freedom_Lover at pobox.com>
"I will because it's needed and the more folks that kick in a little
time the easier the task will be for everyone"

2004-01-15
David Rees <drees at greenhydrant.com>
"I'd like to assist with the process of getting important security fixes
QAd"

2004-01-15
Troy Dawson <dawson at fnal.gov>
"Do you want to do QA? - Yes. I am very good at that."

2004-01-16
Jesse Keating <jkeating j2solutions net>
"QA: As much as I possibly can"

2004-01-16
Johnny Strom <jonny.strom at netikka.fi>
"can work on RH 7.3 packages now and I have more computers running on RH
9 that I can do backporting work on and testing later"

2004-01-23
John Dalbec <jpdalbec at ysu.edu>
"still not sure how much testing is needed"

@Jason, Charles, Christian, Todd, David, Troy, Jesse, Johnny, John: I
don't know any of you personally, some of you through their postings. I
don't have a clue what is needed to help you as I'm definitely no QA
expert. I just have the strong feeling that "something" is missing,
because nearly every second posting contains a phrase like "We need QA".
So, here we are, having people willing to do QA, and having packages
that need QA.

I know that there's a "How to do QA" document still in the pipeline, but
as I don't know anything on the QA process I still need help. I guess
that at least a few of you have done QA before. Would you mind shouting
"Here I am" to help the unexperienced with guidance and with answering
questions?

It would be a great help for the project if a few of you can review at
least the apt package for 8.0 for now. We can step forward with the
documentation for 8.0 then.

I have the strong impression that we already did quite a lot of work
that really rocks. Please help us continuing!

Thanks,
Jonas