Regarding QA

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Feb 5 23:08:02 UTC 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 14:55, Jonas Pasche wrote:
> @Jason, Charles, Christian, Todd, David, Troy, Jesse, Johnny, John: I
> don't know any of you personally, some of you through their postings.
> I don't have a clue what is needed to help you as I'm definitely no
> QA expert. I just have the strong feeling that "something" is
> missing, because nearly every second posting contains a phrase like
> "We need QA". So, here we are, having people willing to do QA, and
> having packages that need QA.

I think the biggest problem is that the majority of us willing to do QA
are concerned with 7.3, and possibly 7.2, but really don't have a need
for 8.0.  I happen to have a dogfood system I can drop any OS on and
play with, so I can do the 8.0 and 7.2 work that nobody else seems to
want to do, but my time is rather limited.  This is one of the reasons
I originally didn't want to support 7.2 and 8.0, because I forsaw a
lack of community participation on these platforms.  Almost every
package that needs QA has at least gotten 7.3 QA, and it's just waiting
for 7.2 and/or 8.0.

So I have to ask again, is there really all that much need for 8.0
support?  Is there going to be any help for it?  Is there going to be
anybody willing to VERIFY these packages once I put them into -testing?
I hate to continue to push packages that have only gotten 7.2 and/or
7.3 QA, but no 8.0 QA, but at the same time, I hate holding back
packages because nobody is willing to QA them on a crap platform.

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: