apt using rpmlib404 (was Re: Suggestion for a new Download page)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Feb 6 07:02:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 00:58, Todd wrote:

> Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > Hmm, actually you *could* build apt against rpmlib404 on RHL 8.0 and
> > avoid the rpm-hanging-itself issue with apt as well without
> > upgrading rpm itself.
>
> Know anyone that's done this?  If that's an option, it might well be
> worth considering here.

Haven't actually tried it but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't
work. There's no librpm404(-devel) package in RHL 8.0 (just the
rpm-python module) so you'll need an extra package from ftp.rpm.org but
I suppose that could go to legacy-utils. Then, with just set include and
library paths properly in build..

	- Panu -