A plea to the people downloading from download.fedoralegacy.org

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 18 15:55:52 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote :

> Currently this server is my personal server, and it shares a system with
> some paying customers of j2Solutions, my personal business.  As of late,
> the amount of people downloading from me has skyrocketed, and caused the
> server to fall to it's knees bandwidth wise.  My usage went up to 1.1TB of
> bandwidth over the last 30 days.  So, I'm begging you, PLEASE use the
> mirrors for your downloading.

Why not just point download.fedoralegacy.org to a full mirror server which
has the same "official" services (http, ftp, rsync) with the same paths?
That's what I've done a while ago for {ayo,ftp}.freshrpms.net, as you can
always be assured that waaaaay more people will use the default configuration
than bother to point to a mirror.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.2-1.81
Load : 0.02 0.11 0.13