A plea to the people downloading from download.fedoralegacy.org

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 18 21:44:50 UTC 2004

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> Ok, there is a small problem in the file that I originally created, and
> it doesn't handle protocol URLs that differ.

It may be true that there was such a problem in your original file, but
I think the script which generates the mirror page allows for this (from
day 0) so there really isn't a problem.

> so for now I've removed
> rsync from your listing.  We'll be making the mirror list accept
> specific urls for specific protocols and re-insert the extra stuff.

I don't believe any change is needed, except to the file you maintain.
We foresaw this problem and coded around it, IIRC.

--
Eric Rostetter