A plea to the people downloading from download.fedoralegacy.org

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Thu Feb 19 00:21:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Currently this server is my personal server, and it shares a system with
> some paying customers of j2Solutions, my personal business.  As of late,
> the amount of people downloading from me has skyrocketed, and caused the
> server to fall to it's knees bandwidth wise.  My usage went up to 1.1TB
> of bandwidth over the last 30 days.  So, I'm begging you, PLEASE use the
> mirrors for your downloading.  We have put up a list of mirrors (nearly
> complete, missing a couple) here:

Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but have you looked into
limiting bandwidth to certain services with shaper?

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR