fedora-legacy-list digest, Vol 1 #101 - 6 msgs

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Feb 19 09:09:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 February 2004 09:53, John Dalbec wrote:
> > Have you updated the mirror selector files for apt?  I tried apt-get
> > mirror-select but it only offered "Fedoralegacy.org, USA".  Does the
> > mirror selector download the list of mirrors every time or does it
> > cache it somewhere? Thanks,
> > John
>
> I have not yet updated it.  I'm still a little unclear as to the format.

I know it's helluva stupid fileformat - feel free to blame me :)

It's also quite simple:

<Repository name>
<1st mirror name/location>
<1st mirror sources.list entry>
--
<2nd mirror name/location>
<2nd mirrror sources.list entry>

The "----" means end of repository, either it's the last line in the file
or you can list another repository there.

Hopefully that makes it clearer, if not feel free to ask me.

	- Panu -