yum and apt differences.

John Lin johnlin at ieeeg.com
Sat Feb 21 09:49:13 UTC 2004

It seems that yum have some little problem with 3 of my installations of
Fedora. When any package install breaks, it assumes those remaining
packages are installed, but they are actually not. It some how marked
those packages installed if anything failed during rpm install. When I
execute 'yum install failed-package.rpm', it said it is already
installed. When I did 'apt-get install failed-package.rpm', it started
the installation of that package. This is weird.

This creates some problem for me. Anything that I am doing wrong? or
there are some bug with yum..?

best regards,

john

Eric Rostetter 提到: