Installing test kernel using APT.

Ivan Teliatnikov ivan at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Mon Feb 23 02:27:19 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I want to install test kernel using APT. I have made a local mirror of
fredora-legacy APT repository using RSYNC tool and placed appropriate
lines into /etc/apt/sources.list file

rpm ftp://mirror.geosci.usyd.edu.au/download.fedoralegacy.org/apt
redhat/8.0/i386 os updates
rpm ftp://mirror.geosci.usyd.edu.au/download.fedoralegacy.org/apt
redhat/8.0/i386 legacy-utils
rpm ftp://mirror.geosci.usyd.edu.au/download.fedoralegacy.org/apt
redhat/8.0/i386 updates-testing

Running

apt-get update; apt-get install kernel;

shows a list of kernel available. in "os updates" directory. It does not
lists kernels located in updates-testing.

How do I make packages (e.g.kernel) located in updates-testing visible from
an apt-get client?

Ivan Teliatnikov

phone: +61 2 9351 2031
fax: +61 2 9351 0184