Unneeded assertions (supposed to have been: RPM upgrade discussion)

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Jan 3 23:35:17 UTC 2004

Ingo T. Storm wrote:
> I thus (again) strongly vote that the rpm upgrade should not be mandatory
> for rh7x.

A few days ago we agreed on not upgrading RPM on rh7.x since it is
reasonably stable, yum-1.x works fine, and apt is fine too.

RPM on RH8 and RH9 will be upgraded, but only if you use the "legacy"
repository which also includes a few fedora.us tools.  If you avoid
"legacy" and stick to "updates" channel you need to setup your own tool,
but that is easy enough for the target audience.

Warren