Round 1: Local root exploit in the Kernel

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Jan 5 22:12:20 UTC 2004

> Ok guys, time to try if you are prepared:
> http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0013-mremap.txt
>
> And a patch:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/diff/2004/1/5/74/1
>
> Don't know if this patch is complete or not ....

If I am not mistaken, RedHat has released errata for this going back to RH
7.1. I would consider this a nice gesture on their part, since they didn't
have to do that.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

"You know what you get after putting 30 years into a company? You're
 looking at it." -Downsized CIO of a major insurance carrier.