updates-testing --> updates policy discussion

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Jan 10 07:56:52 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 16:15, Warren Togami wrote:
> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy
> We need to discuss how to change this procedure for Legacy specific
> packages.

Post message to either "fedora-legacy-announce" or "fedora-legacy-devel"
about a suspected vulnerability or bugfix that you'd like to fix.

Use "FedoraLegacy Package Naming Guidelines" instead of generic
fedora.us guidelines

Fix the numbering scheme... 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 ?  why start over?  Move the
signing from before the optional rpmlint to after the option rpmlint.

2 initial keywords.  "updates-testing" or "updates", and "security" or
"bugfix" to indicate what type of update it is.

Change "fedora-package-announce" to "fedora-legacy-announce".

> We also need to change the definition of "trusted" for Legacy
> specific packages, along with the requirements for reaching the
> "trusted" status.
>
> Thoughts?

Trusted could be a term given to those developers who've put forth and
followed through with a certain number of security fixes in packages.
I'd say untrusted == 0-5, semi-trusted == 6-9, trusted == 10=+.  A
package can inherit it's trusted status from the developer who puts if
forth.  Now where we use the term or what it really means to the end
users is yet another point of discussion.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: