Solution found [Was: rpm2html crashes in 8.0 and rpm from legacy stable]

Aleksey Nogin aleksey at nogin.org
Tue Jan 13 05:27:23 UTC 2004

On 12.01.2004 17:29, Warren Togami wrote:

> My mistake... hmmm this is a regression, but there are simple ways to
> workaround this problem.  I'll try find you an easy way, or fix
> rpm2html, or both.

Interesting - I realized that the existing spec file for rpm2html
included a call to an "autogen.sh" script in %pre, which in turn called
configure, as well as a separate configure call in %build. After I
removed the second configure call (moving its arguments to the autogen.
sh script, which passes them back to configure), rpm2html stopped crashing!

See
http://rpm.nogin.org/regularly_built/rh80/rpm2html-1.8.2-3.rh8.0.i386.html
for source and binary RPMs.

P.S. I would suggest adding a working rpm2html to the "stable" channel
of Fedora Legacy 8.0

--
Aleksey Nogin

Home Page: http://nogin.org/
E-Mail: nogin at cs.caltech.edu (office), aleksey at nogin.org (personal)
Office: Jorgensen 70, tel: (626) 395-2907