RPM's for elm.

Christian Pearce pearcec at commnav.com
Thu Jan 15 22:03:45 UTC 2004

Hi Johnny,

I know we talked about this on IRC, but I want others on the list to get some understanding from this email as well.

I just looked elm isn't in 8.0.  That helps.  But it is in 7.2.  There are virtually no changes from 7.2 to 7.3.  As a result we try to merge them into one spec file as a result one src.rpm.  I can do the qa and src rebuild for 7.2.

We also need to name it properly.  I am not a 100% certain of what we want to name it.  But I think the idea is to make it something with the distribution in it.  Someone on the list or in IRC should be able to help.

The patch looks good, but we need to get a bugzilla bug opened.  You need to sign a md5sum file and sign the message to go into the bug.  Look at some of the open bugs in bugzilla.  You can use ethereal as an example of what I did.  You also need to do a self introduction.

You also need to add a changelog.  The message should example what you fixed and have a link to the upstream provider of the patch and anyother links that are helpful surrounding the patch.

All this signing is in the interested of security and trust.  The bugzilla bugs are to help use track everything.

Thanks again for your help.  I will be in the IRC channel tomorrow.

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com