Self-Introduction: Troy J. Dawson

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Fri Jan 16 14:40:13 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 16:54, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>>1. Troy Jonathon Dawson
>
> Hi Troy. :)
>

>>     * Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?
>>	Not to blunt, and a question needed to be asked.
>>	I have a past record of fixing problems for users at Fermilab and elsewhere.
>>  But I think more important is that if I induce, or let someone else induce,
>>a problem into these legacy packages, my users will be all over me, not to
>>mention my boss.
>

> If it matters, I can vouch for him to the extent that he was quite
> helpful in feeling out ideas on the yum list a looooong time ago, now. I
> doubt he's changed into an evil madman since then. :)
>

> -sv

Thanks Seth,
I still keep one eye on yum, but after it got to the point where it was stable
and had all the features we wanted, I've had to devote more time to other
projects.  Wow ... has it really been that loooong ago :)
You'll be happy to know that we are now signing our rpm's here :), though I'm
still glad that yum has the option to not force the rpm's to be signed.

Troy
Troy Dawson  dawson at fnal.gov  (630)840-6468