Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jan 16 19:03:59 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 January 2004 10:40, Jonas Pasche wrote:
> http://jonaspasche.de/fedoralegacy/faq.html
>
> Some entries need a bit work; I have added my questions in italics.
> Please post comments and corrections on the list!

Number 1, change "errata" to "update".

Number 2, feel free to drop the 7.1, I was mistaken.  You list "7.2,
7.3, and 8.0, as /both/".  Shouldn't that both be more like "as
/these/"?  All FC releases will be supported, please see my other email
about support length.

Number 3, 7.2 was actually released for ia64 and s390, but I doubt there
are many legacy users that are interested in those.  We do not have the
resources to be able to build packages and QA packages for these archs.
There is an amd64 release of FC1 in public test 1 phase right now, so
we will support amd64 FC1.

Number 4, the mirror list will have locations, so we can flat list areas
of the world and list mirrors that way.

Number 5, the example should be on the download page probably.  Link to
it.

Number 6, Link to the download page, the download page should link to
apt/yum respective homepages.

Number 7, We're free and public, we're providing longer support, we
support yum/apt freedownloads, we will support Fedora Core.

Number 8, change the "to" to "two".  To answer your question, it's more
of when RH no longer supports FC3, thats when Legacy picks it up, and
no longer supports FC1.  Legacy will end up (officially) supporting 2
FC releases at any given time.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: