Legacy mirror structure

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:28:41 UTC 2004

Well, to be fair, it does make more sense to me to have the directory
layout that way.  If I want to mirror the updates I can do so by getting
one directory (recursively):
redhat/7.3/updates/

With the other layout, I'd have to grab multiple directories in order to
have all the architectures available to me, ie:
redhat/7.3/i386/updates
redhat/7.3/x86_64/updates

Which just seems plain silly if you ask me.  Updates for one disto
should all be under one directory or people (like me) will be confused.
I could care less that 'everyone does it this way', it just happens to
be the way that makes the most sense (to me) - I'm sorry I wasn't more
clear in my last message about this point.

-Jeff

P.S. - you mean there are other ways to get on the Internet besides AOL?
;)