When to bump the build?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jan 22 18:00:45 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 11:39 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> process. If an updated package builds and works as expected and has a
> release number which is high enough for it to not cause any conflicts when
> published, I don't care whether each package update increased the release
> number. It has happened before, it will happen again, please make the
> packager's job easier.

I would say that the packaging guidelines should mention that it is a good
idea to increment the release every time a package is uploaded.  Like you say
below:

> Encourage packager to increase the release number strictly, but don't make
> it mandatory until there is a specific requirement for it to be mandatory.

I can agree wholeheartedly with this; it is a good idea; as long as people
voluntarily follow this then no mandates are necessary.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology