/etc/yum.conf

g gmott at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 23 16:34:02 UTC 2004

hello legacists,

it seems like this list is a "devel" list.  is there or should there be
a separate "users" list?

> On Tuesday 20 January 2004 09:32, Peter M. Abraham wrote:
> > Can some one please post their /etc/yum.conf they are using with
> > Fedora for RedHat 7.3?

i just installed 7.2 from CD, then yum from 7.2 legacy, with rpm-* and
popt by hand from 7.2 updates, to satisy yum dependencies (tho i ended
up using --nodeps, not caring about gnorpm et al, and presuming it'd all
come down once i ran yum update).

even after importing the various keys, it took me awhile to get gpg keys
working.  turned out it was because i use a superuser account other than
"root".  when i deleted ~/.gnupg and linked it to /root/.gnupg, yum gpg
keys were fine.

yum update then ran successfully.

#/etc/yum.conf:
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
exactarch=1
exclude=
# Added this because some mirrors go down and then retying takes forever.
retries=1

[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever base
baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/fedora/fedora/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.os
gpgcheck=1

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever updates
baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/fedora/fedora/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.updates
gpgcheck=1

[legacy]
name=Fedora Legacy tools for Red Hat Linux $releasever
baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/fedora/fedora/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.legacy
gpgcheck=1