yum and rpm updates for 8.0

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jan 28 17:48:17 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 09:35, Rick Johnson wrote:
> This was posted 1/26 - any update on the Yum release?

Ran into a snag when discussing the rpm upgrade for 8.0.  I've agreed to
once again put the rpm upgrade from rpm.org in the 8.0 legacy-utils,
but this leads to a yum question.  I do believe yum2.x works with the
upgraded rpm, but not with the stock RPM.  The stock RPM will need yum
1.x, so we have to roll out 2x yums.  (can somebody correct me if I'm
wrong here?)

Also, I had to finish up some work on a chapter I'm writing for an
upcoming book last night and I didn't get any free time to make that
rpm build.

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: