/etc/yum.conf

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jan 28 20:57:49 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 12:38, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> This is the user list.  Right now it is more devel, but that is just
> temporary.  We could have a devel list also, but it is optional.
>
> I'd suggest maybe a new list though,  where we can send security
> notices. Say I hear about some security problem that may need
> patching, I could send it to a dedicated list rather than the general
> list.  Any one else agree with that separation?
>
> So, right now we have:
>
> fedora-legacy-list      General discussion
> fedora-legacy-announce  Update announcements
>
> We might consider adding:
>
> fedora-legacy-devel     General developer discussions not of general
> interest to the end user
> fedora-legacy-security  For reporting security issues with
> packages/software
>
> I don't really like that last name, but my brain is fried from
> dealing with all the recent virus/worm/trojan stuff, and I can't
> think of anything better right now...

Danger Will Robinson...

List separation like that can be a bad thing, as conversations get
fragmented, crossposting occurs, etc, etc...  If _ANYTHING_ I'd allow
for a -devel list, but honestly, what would be discussed on the general
-list ?  We aren't here for general support on the product, RH already
has lists for that.  Package update announcements are made through the
-announce list... what else is there?

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: