/etc/yum.conf

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 29 01:16:18 UTC 2004

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> Danger Will Robinson...

*grin*

> List separation like that can be a bad thing, as conversations get
> fragmented, crossposting occurs, etc, etc...

That is true (in particular the cross-posting).

> If _ANYTHING_ I'd allow
> for a -devel list, but honestly, what would be discussed on the general
> -list ?

General user's questions (and there will be a fair amount of them).

> We aren't here for general support on the product, RH already
> has lists for that.

No, but we are here for general support of our product (how to use yum/apt,
problems with our site/mirrors) and general questions about the project.

>  Package update announcements are made through the
> -announce list... what else is there?

Lots.  But I'm fine with the way things are.  My real wish would be one
to report new vulnerabilities to separate from the main list, actually,
which you feel isn't important.  But I'd hate to see the main list flooded
with duplicate reports, and people leave the list because of that annoyance.

But, I don't really care much.  Was just responding to someone's old message
about the lists with some new ideas for consideration.  I'm happy either
way...

--
Eric Rostetter