Mirror change...

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Jan 29 19:36:30 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 11:31, Nielsen, Steve wrote:
> Just curious... what command did you use to setup the repos? I saw
> all previous posts already. Just curious what you did (i.e. did you
> start with 7.2 then do 7.3... did you use rsync or hardlink)

It was a lot of manual processes.  I mostly used lftp against various
mirrors of Red Hat out on the 'net to bring down content from the i386
i586, i686, athlon, noarch stuff into the same folders, for OS and for
updates, for each release.  Then it's just a matter of running some
scripts on it for yum and apt.

Later, after some coaching from list members, I used hardlink to sift
through the directory tree and create links where links were needed.

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: