web site updates

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jan 30 18:39:47 UTC 2004

> If yum were going to automatically install these keys, I think it
> should do so to an alternate keyring, like up2date did.  I don't know
> the most FHS compliant place to locate this, /etc/yum/keyring.gpg or
> /var/lib/yum/keyring.gpg perhaps.  Then, gpgkeyring would have to be
> set in /etc/yum.conf.

actually, you can do this for yum 1.0.X:

      gpghome
              Directory to be used to look for the gpg public key
              ring default is /root/.gnupg

       gpgkeyring
              alternative keyring filename. Default is use normal
              keyring location

I don't think it is handy b/c it makes rpm -K's fail if that isn't the
path set for rpm as well.

-sv