web site updates

Todd Freedom_Lover at pobox.com
Fri Jan 30 21:56:03 UTC 2004

Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Adding them as we speak.  Leaving the gpg fingerprint stuff out until
> such time as fingerprints are available...
[...]
> If someone subsmits them, I'll add them.

# gpg --fingerprint 731002FA
pub  1024D/731002FA 2004-01-19 Fedora Legacy (http://www.fedoralegacy.org) <secnotice at fedoralegacy.org>
     Key fingerprint = D66D 121F 9784 5E7B 2757  8C46 108C 4512 7310 02FA
sub  2048g/D12E351D 2004-01-19

It wouldn't hurt to let whomever controls that key chime in and
corroborate that info before posting it.

Here's the text of Red Hat's page, in case you want to copy/steal the
format. ;)

    Package Signing

    Red Hat uses the security at redhat.com public key to sign software
    packages we distribute.

    The Red Hat security at redhat.com public key is available from a
    number of places:

        * From our web site
        * In the Red Hat Linux distribution, /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
        * On a public keyserver, such as pgp.mit.edu

    The fingerprint of the security at redhat.com key is

    CA 20 86 86 2B D6 9D FC 65 F6 EC C4 21 91 80 CD DB 42 A6 0E

    To verify a RPM package for Red Hat Linux, run the command

    rpm --checksig -v <filename>.rpm

    The output of this command will show you if the package is signed,
    and who signed it.

    Please do not send messages encrypted with this public key, for
    all secure communications please use the secalert at redhat.com
    public key instead

(taken from: http://www.redhat.com/security/keys.html)

- --
The human race divides itself politically into those who want to be
controlled, and those who have no such desire.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein