Fwd: Linux Broadcom 5820 Cryptonet Driver Integer Overflow

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 18:09:55 UTC 2004

This turned up on bugtraq a few days ago, which affects RHL.
The same driver was in FC1. I went to go look into fixing this,
and found a whole bunch of stuff that almost made me lose my lunch.

For FC1, I've not heard a single complaint about this (which
means it's either perfect[after reading the code, I very much
doubt it], or no-one uses it).  For this reason, I'm going to drop
it in the next FC1 update.

If someone heroic wants to fix it up for RHL, feel free, but
this is unlikely to happen in FC, as it was one of the
'we had this in rhl, lets drag it along for fc too'.
It never made it into FC2 either, and no-one complained.

This hardware is so 'niche' that I doubt anyone will complain
if you dropped it from RHL too. Worse case, someone can
grab the driver from broadcom if they feel like its worth it.

		Dave