Fwd: Linux Broadcom 5820 Cryptonet Driver Integer Overflow

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Jul 2 15:07:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:57:23PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 07:37:45AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > No, but the newly announced CVE should delay the release:
>
> I disagree. 35.x should get out the door first.

I concur.  The perfect is an enemy of good.

There is really nothing which prevents to have a new release a few
days later if urgent issues were discovered.  The same applies to
other security fixes which linger in various stages for a looong
time (although nobody who care about these is likely to be caught
running "official" by this time).

   Michal