Fwd: Linux Broadcom 5820 Cryptonet Driver Integer Overflow

Jon Peatfield J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 16:04:35 UTC 2004

> Patch looks okay, if a little messy, but:

Feel free to improve it!

> >  %changelog
> > +* Thu Jul  1 2004 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
>                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Your name here! Although it's perfectly correct to acknowledge Dave,
> he didn't make the modification to this package, and to say that he
> did would be confusing IMO.

Oops, I just cut/pasted the changelog right out of the fc1 update and
didn't even read that bit very carefully.  I just wanted a new
changelog showing that a change had been made.

It was only intended as a suggested patch anyway!  I'll correct it to:

* Fri Jul  2 2004 Jon Peatfield <jp107 at damtp.cam.ac.uk>
- loosely based on fc1 changes by Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
- add patch to fix missing checks in fchown() (CAN-2004-0497)
- Drop Broadcom 5820 driver due to code quality concerns.

 -- Jon