yum for 8.0

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 5 20:38:29 UTC 2004

Quoting "N. Okan Guney" <okan at sunpack.com>:

> Retrieving
> http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/8.0/updates/i386/python-1.5.2-43
> .72.i386.rpm
> error: skipping
> http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/8.0/updates/i386/python-1.5.2-43
> .72.i386.rpm - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error

I've removed that line from the web page now.  I think it should have
been for python-2.x instead of python-1.x for RH 8.0.  I don't think you
can really install much of RH 8.0 without getting python installed, so
I just left it out completely rather than putting a link to the default
OS version of python in.

> It seems like that package had been removed for some reason? Any
> suggestions on how to proceed?

It was just a typo or bad link to start with, and is now removed.
If you haven't already, try again with the new directions, and
let us know if you still have problems.

--
Eric Rostetter