Fwd: Linux Broadcom 5820 Cryptonet Driver Integer Overflow

Jon Peatfield J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 23:34:28 UTC 2004

Once my experiments with suse91 get somewhere (or I obtain new
machines to use for testing), I'll put a host back for
testing/building RH9 packages and build/test more updates kernels etc.

I'm not planning to update our ~200 RH8 machines _this_week_ as they
have ended up getting kernel updates once a week for the past 4 weeks
and some people here are getting slightly miffed.

The outstanding updates I know about are:

  an nfsd problem (which we can't reproduce, and we could always turn
  off nfs-serving for a few days if it does turn out to be a problem),

  the addon/qla2200 driver which we don't use

I'm planning to wait a week or so before our next major round of
kernel updates...

The good news is that the suse91 autoyast isn't as bad as I'd thought
it might be.  With a little luck I might actually be transitioning
away from RHL in a few weeks...

 -- Jon