redhat 8

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jul 13 21:19:26 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 13:38, Andy Taylor wrote:
> I've been subscribed to this list for a little while and I've noticed that
> the most recent updates have been for Redhat 7.x and 9.x but not for Redhat
> 8...is the 8.0 part of the Legacy project in need of some more help?

A few things before getting to answers... These are general mailing list
etiquette things:

1) Don't start a new thread by replying to another one (or a digest), start a
new thread by creating a new email.

2) Don't reply to a digest message and quote the entire digest, especially
since your message has nothing to do with most (if any) of it.

3) Please check the mailing list archive before asking questions

Check out this thread:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/2004-May/msg00250.html

Basically, lack of community involvement has killed off support for 7.2 and
8.0. I can't recall if a final decision to deep six any and all support has
been reached or not.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com